Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Eat Morrocan...Eat with your hands?


I wanted to make a kind of Moroccan salad: light, refreshing, and easy to share.  Crazy is it is to imagine now, the first time I made this recipe it was 95 degrees and humid.  The last thing I wanted was anything to make me feel hotter.  This salad is perfect, and lasted us for over a week.  We ate it with hummus in a pita pocket, as a wrap, as a salad itself, or just as a side dish.  It's easy to make, and utterly delicious. 


Moroccan Chickpea Salad

You'll need:
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 small green bell pepper, diced
1 cup cucumber, diced
1 large tomato, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 tbsp fresh mint, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp tsp ground cumin
Salt & pepper, to taste
Pita Bread
Hummus

  1. Toss all ingredients together, added more or less of each to taste.
  2. Serve with pita bread and hummus.  Enjoy!

As mentioned before, this salad lasts a long time.  So keep the remainder in Tupperware and bring to lunch!  My favorite way to eat this salad is in a pita picket with red pepper hummus, chicken strips, and tabouli.  Mmmmm...

Back on track!  Stay tuned for future Oscar films.  Pay attention too--I may decide to switch things up soon.  In the interest of keeping up my commentary, I may expand my posts to any film I happen to take in during the coming months.  This doesn't mean I'm abandoning my quest, but I just thought to include my thoughts on other films as well.  We'll see...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment