The following is a simple, easy, and exceedingly yummy way to make homemade pita chips.
Kosher Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Olive Oil Spray
At least two loaves of Pita Bread (I prefer Joseph's Whole Wheat)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the bread in half and then into small triangles, much as you would a pizza.
- Line a baking sheet with tine foil and then arrange the triangles of pita across the sheet.
- Lightly spray the olive oil over the pita bread so that it is evenly coated, and then drizzle the remaining oil over the bread. Try to make sure each slice has a little oil on it, but not too much is needed.
- Liberally sprinkle the chips with garlic salt and kosher salt. Yes, this is a lot a salt. But that's what makes it great! The amount is entirely to taste.
- Bake the chips for about 7-10 minutes, or until golden and slightly brown around the edges. If the entire chip is browned, it will taste burned. Feel free to rotate the pan to make sure the chips bake evenly.
- Take the chips out of the oven and enjoy!
These chips can be eaten alone, but are also great with hummus and other dips. They're also not horrible for you, if you get the whole wheat bread and are stingy with the oil. I've yet to try this with cinnamon and sugar or perhaps Parmesan cheese, but I will! Of course, every time I think about making changes, I end up going for the recipe. It's hard to mess with perfection.