|Typical Tea Time|
Three Delightful Bite-Sized Snacks
½ a pound of thinly sliced roast beef (preferably Italian)
1 container of whipped cream cheese (chive)
Small amount of fresh dill
½ cup fresh blackberries
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
vanilla bean cane sugar (or similar large grained sugar)
1 tsp horseradish
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Loaf of fresh marble rye bread
Loaf of fresh Challah bread
Salt and Pepper to taste
- I bought a loaf of pre-sliced marble rye bread, but really any kind will work. Take several slices and cut off the crust. Then cut into 4 squares. Do this 2 or 3 times.
- Mix together the horseradish, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise according to taste. More horseradish and mustard will make the sandwich much spicier.
- Spread the mixture on half the bread, and then layer the top with roast beef. Use salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the dill and mix with half the container of cream cheese. Spread the cream cheese on the slices of bread.
- Using a peeler, peel the peel off the cucumber, and then use the peeler to create thin slices of cucumber.
- Place the cucumber slices on top of the cream cheese, and trim edges with a sharp knife. Sprinkle dill to garnish.
- Slice the Challah bread into individual slices, and then cut off the crusts. Slice into squares.
- Whip the heavy cream with a standing mixer until it forms stiff peaks.
- Smash the blackberries with either a mortar and pedestal, or a regular spoon, until they are loosely mashed together.
- Spread the whipped cream on the Challah bread, and top with blackberries, avoiding the cores. Lightly sprinkle sugar on top to garnish. Serve and enjoy!